Facebook

Follow Ones 2 Watch on Facebook by clicking here



Wednesday, August 11, 2010

VIC Model Lulu Wagstaffe



Ones 2 watch is loving this 21 year old fresh faced beauty from Melbourne, Lulu Wagstaffe. Lulu is signed with Viviens and has walked in David Jones and Myer parades, RAFW, LMFF, Auckland Fashion Week, Milan Women's Fashion Week, Gucci Australia show and Chanel Australia show.

She has also appeared in a national Bardot campaign, and worked with many other well known Australian brands inclusing Jeans West, Target and Sportsgirl.
You may have also seen her face gracing the pages of some of Australia's biggest fashion magazines, such as Russh, Cream, Marie Claire, Attitude, Fashion Trend, Yen, Grazia and Harper's Bazaar.

A huge thank you to Lulu for answering the following questions for ones 2 watch.



How did you first get into modelling?
When I was 15 years old I was scouted by a Sydney agency in my hometown of Adelaide, and asked to come up and do Mercedes Australian Fashion Week in Sydney in 2004. I had a good start as a newbie at that fashion week and I walked in 10 shows.

You have worked with some amazing talent like Jez Smith, Nicole Bentley, Christian Blanchard, what is it like working with these well known photographers in the industry?
It's fantastic and I feel lucky. I have a lot of respect for their work and I find that shooting with experienced professionals makes the job easier and more fluid.

What has been your favourite job and why?
Well, I have a couple of personal favourite moments:
Walking out on the catwalk for the first time at Milan women's fashion week. Seeing myself on the side of a bus in my first clothing campaign. Doing the Nintendo DS TV Commercial was really fun. I also felt pretty proud when I was 15 and I appeared in two editorial shoots in the first issue of Russh Magazine, because that went on to become one of the biggest Australian fashion mags.



Have you worked alongside any well known models that you admire and have you ever found yourself starstruck ?
It's definitely interesting to meet a variety of people in the industry. I never really 'admired' models while I was younger, mostly because I didn't think about modelling or the fact that I might do this one day when I was older. I couldn't give you a full list of models but a few names off the top of my head are Miranda Kerr, Megan Gale, Abbey Lee Kershaw.

Where has modelling taken you?
I have been lucky enough to travel and work in Sydney, Melbourne, Tokyo, Auckland and Milan.



How do you stay fit and healthy?
I have always had a fast metabolism, it runs in my family. My brother is 6'5" and very slender. I have been a vegetarian for about 4 years for moral and environmental reasons, plus you get the benefits of healthy eating. I'm not a sporty person but I do have a wonderful personal trainer called Byron at Immortal Fitness in Melbourne.

What advice would you give to aspiring models?
I'd recommend getting started around the age of 17, don't rush into it, and go to a reputable agency. This is not an easy job, but it can be very rewarding. You will need a thick skin and healthy self-image to survive in this business.



We think Lulu will make her mark in the fashion industry, definitely watch this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment