Facebook

Follow Ones 2 Watch on Facebook by clicking here



Wednesday, August 4, 2010

NSW Designer Jessica Green



Jess Green is a young designer who has just started her label, Age of Intimacy.
The photos shown in this post are of her first collection "Away with the faeries". Even though she only graduated from her design course at the beginning of this year, I believe Jess is already creating some amazing garments and is definitely one to watch.

I was lucky enough to ask Jess some questions about herself and her label, so here they are.

Tell me some random facts about yourself:

Umm random facts about me???
I grew up in a small town in N.S.W called Broken Hill, The colours around Broken hill and its history still inspire me. I love Shoes and Chocolate. I studied at the Whitehouse Institute of design in Sydney. and Graduated at the beginning of the year.

I was a Finalist in 2009 Triumph Inspiration Awards, I think that's what drew me towards Lingerie.



Where do you draw your inspiration from for your designs?

I'm always gathering and collecting images, stories,garments, thoughts and colours. And I always carry a little visual diary with me when I go any where,
so I can take notes or draw anything that I like. I guess I'm a bit like a bower bird. I also love looking at history and modern cultures.


What shop would you most love to see your collection in?
I would just love for it to be sold world wide.



Who is your favorite designer?
I can't pick one, so here are my favorite top 5 designers
agent provocateur, jean paul gaultier, Vivienne westwood, john galliano and Romance was born.
They all tell a story and create something new.

What is your personal style like?
My style is a bit vintage, a bit old world glam, meets sex and the city.



When you create your designs what is going through your mind?
I’m always thinking about the story that i want to tell. That helps me think about what the character would be like. For example, what she would wear, what music she would listen to, where she would go, and I will bring everything together to create wonderful and unusual pieces that tell the story.

I would like to thank Jess very much for taking her time to do this interview, and
to check out Jess's label "Age of Intimacy" go to
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Age-of-Intimacy/105476112836455?ref=ts&v=wall
I'm sure this label will be coming to stores near you very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment