Facebook

Follow Ones 2 Watch on Facebook by clicking here



Wednesday, August 4, 2010

SA Body Painter - Emma Hack



Emma hack has been painting bodies for the past 21 years. She has won 1st prize at the CIDESCO World Congress Professional World Body Painting Championship in Hong Kong. Her amazing works have been exhibited at over 30 events including the Adelaide Fringe Festival, Art Sydney 2008 and a textile design fair in Paris 2009.



The images I have shown in this post are from her wallpaper series, which are my favourite from her work, however she does have some other amazing work including the evolution collection which involves some australian animals being painted into wallpaper, so please go to www.emmahackartist.com to check out more of her amazing work!



Here is a part of an interview with Emma Hack from thevine.com.au:

As an artist - your primary thing is painting on bodies. Why is the body a good canvas?

I started my art career painting on bodies. As a children's face painter and make-up artist, is seemed like an easy transition for me to include the entire surface of the body in my creations. I really love the illusions that can be created on the human form. My first creations were painting clothing onto the body to appear as if the model was wearing them and the illusion has evolved from there.

In 2008 I started photographing my own works, now I feel this is complimentary to my body art as well as conceptualising the whole vision of the finished image.

How did you move from being a make-up artist to this?

In 1999 I created a calendar and my first exhibition of pinup style models, this was a huge dream for me. In 2002 I created my first 'art' based collection named Petal in which I contorted the human form to created flower shapes and then blended the remaining form into the black background.

I love exhibiting and creating my own work. As a make-up artist working in the advertising world, you are mostly always following a brief. I guess my exhibited work has a loose feel to the finished product and art allows for that. I am also really enjoying the photography as well and creating what I want to see in my mind.

What is the funniest thing that has happened in the creation of your works? I mean, some funny things must happen when people get their kit off and you get to work...

My latest collection, 'Panoramic Bodies' was created on site with all the acrobats pitching in helping painting each other, not the normal thing for tourists to find when finding us along their path!

Fainting is a big thing, about 20 per cent of the models I use faint. Standing still can be quite hard on the body and when creating the wallpapers the models need to stand in position the whole time which can be exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment