Facebook

Follow Ones 2 Watch on Facebook by clicking here



Wednesday, August 11, 2010

VIC Designer - Milly Pilly designs



Ones 2 watch discovered Milly Pilly designs on the internet and we fell in love with their cute accessories and head pieces and we especially love their cute photos! Milly Pilly is a small business creating one off and small runs of hand made
millinery, facinators, clips and accessories. Made out of satin, ribbons, bows, feathers, vintage fabrics and Latex!

A big thank you to Jazz the designer of Milly Pilly for answering a few questions for us.



How long have you been creating hand made millinery, fascinators, clips and accessories for, and did you undertake any study to teach you how to make headwear?
I have been creating things for my whole life and have always loved doing things with my hands. Milly Pilly Designs was born at the end of 2009, when i started to really get into making hair accessories and fascinators. When I realized how much I loved creating these things I enrolled in a Millinery Course. I'm still currently studying and I love it so much!

How did you get into designing head pieces?
I got into Designing head pieces quite naturally, I am a hairdresser by trade and due to certain circumstances am unable to do hairdressing any more, so Millinery sort of works in great still taking headforms and shapes into consideration. I have always loved hats and theatrical dress styles and certain pop stars like Boy George have inspired me. I love the glamorous aspect to them, it's an occasion when you step out in a hat or fascinator!



How do you come up with your ideas for your pieces and how long does it take to make these pieces?
My ideas are crazy I just have so many I can't stop them! I'm generally inspired by the things around me, fabrics, feathers, everyday things. I then just put them into a little book to save for later. I really don't have time to make all the things I would love to! The time for each piece varies, I do an accessories range of bows and necklaces and easy to wear items and of course they don't take as long as the hats and fascinators I make. All the hats are hand blocked and hand sewn, which can be quite time consuming but I love the process and the satisfaction of the pretty things you can create from scratch by hand.

What is your ultimate goal that you want to achieve with Milly pilly designs?
My ultimate goal for Milly Pilly is to have a creative sucessful business which I enjoy. Also for my clients to be happy and feel great when they step out in Milly Pilly Designs.



Check out Milly Pilly on line at the websites below!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/millypillydesigns (coming soon)
http://www.facebook.com/millypillydesigns
http://www.millypilly.com.au
http://www.millypillydesigns.blogspot.com

1 comment: